02 October 2019

Positive Changes

It is time for SheepSki Designs October Blog Challenge with the theme "Autumn".  I chose to use as many autumn colours on my project as I could. 

I have been contemplating this project for a while, as a matter of fact, ever since I made a purchase from Vectoria Designs.  I hadn't really got into steampunk until I saw their Steamtime junk journal.  I didn't even know what a junk journal was, but the picture of this on the Etsy site, drew me in to its world.

I have now only this year come to the conclusion that I cannot cope with all the negative things in my life, yes, I probably bring them on myself by my own negativity: my husband does call me Miss Negativity, but some are real.  I can't cope with problems like I used to when I was a lot younger.  When my two children were very young, my truck driver husband would be away most of the time and I was mother and father to both of them most of the time.  I worked full-time but still managed to get everything done, take them here and there for their activities and coped with it all, as well as working full-time and sharing the running of our own business with my husband.  Through all the ups and downs I coped and got through everything that presented itself.

Well now at 65 it is not that easy, decisions to make about the end part of our lives seem harder than when we were young.  I have had quite a few things happen in the last few years, little in comparison to what some people go through on a daily basis, but still big things to me.  AND, when I saw this steampunk journal kit, I thought, that is going to help me, help me get through the negativity in my life and teach me to be more positive.

I have mentioned before in my blog, I love looking for quotes, so what better, than using my journal pages for Positive quotes, that I can turn to when I am feeling BLAHH.

And here it is, a work in progress, but it's a start and I am going to fill it with quotes to change my thoughts and feelings into positive outcomes, not negatives.

When I saw Andrea's theme for October, I just knew this was the time to start this project, well the colours of the journal reminded me of autumn.  I knew I had some steampunk images from SheepSki Designs.  Any of you who are digital stamp users, will know that sometimes you follow a digital stamp artist for their talent, not necessarily because of the subject.  I put my hand up as one of those buyers, I love SheepSki images, so I have a fair collection in my stash and I admit with some, I buy because of the artist.  There are just some you buy, not knowing what you will do with them, but you like it, just because.  When I went through my collections, I found quite a few images that can be used in my journal and I didn't even particularly like Steampunk when I bought them.

However, the pages you will see in this post are all SHEEPSKI DESIGNS.




Using "Victoria"



I hope you like this project, I probably didn't write in this blog everything that has been going through my head, but this is the most personal blog I have written since starting my craft blog.  

I hope I have inspired you to use your talents with your craft to make something for yourself, not just for everyone else.  We are always doing something for others, but we don't always take care of ourselves.

Don't forget if you are looking at Andrea's stamps, please use this code to get 10% off your order.

                                          SKIANDREA10

I hope to see your October project over on the blog.

Thank you for reading and I hope some of the quotes I have on these pages, help you too!

1 comment:

  1. What a fab journal, I love your idea and might have to make one myself.......hoping those decisions become easier to make with the help of your journal.
    Scarlett xoxo

    ReplyDelete