01 December 2019

Your Favourite Things

SheepSki Designs' December Blog Challenge is "Your Favourite Things".  I wondered what I could create for this challenge, then I thought of what has happened to me lately that made me happy.

Of course, sending a very dear friend a birthday present.  This friend re-introduced me to the world of Alice in Wonderland.  If you have read my blogs before, you will know I love searching for quotes to help me in everyday life, quotes that I can add to my projects as well.  Anyhow back to my friend - I found by accident one day in the book section of a local store, an Alice box that caught my attention.  I thought what a nice present for my friend, that is, if she didn't have it already.  Through the marvels of modern technology of mobile phones, Facebook and Messenger, I was able to find out from her daughter that yes, she has lots of Alice stuff, not not that.  There was two of these boxes left on the shelf, so I bought both.  Why not, one for her and one for me! There was something that intrigued me about this box even though I could not open it in the shop.

Here is the mystery box, Alice:  the Wonderland Oracle.  My friend's daughter also told me that my friend has some colouring pages of Jasmine Becket Griffith, so that was a bonus, it was the right gift for her.



 When you think of all those classic books as an adult, like Alice in Wonderland and the Wizard of Oz, you can find they have more in them than just the children's story.

Now onto my project - I am still taking in the information booklet of the Oracle.  There are so many different ways to read the cards, so I have decided to wait to get into this journey after the festive season and my trip to Tasmania.

In the meantime, I have started to think about what I would do with the findings of the cards, where could I write down my thoughts of what I discover in the Alice quotes in this Oracle.

Some time ago, I bought an Alice pack from Vectoria Designs and of course, with most of their packs, there is always papers for junk journals.  I will use that.  I printed out the cover to start and then decided to look through my image folders for Alice.  I also did some research on the colours of Alice's hair and clothing and found out some very interesting facts.  You should check it out some day.

As a result I could not go past SheepSki Designs Ali n Chez.  She was perfect to colour an alternate scheme and feature in my journal.  Here is the final result.





So I have a few things here that I can call my favourites - creating, quotes, colouring and sharing an interest with my dear friend.

Don't forget if you want to check out Ali n Chez or any other SheepSki Designs digis, use my special discount for my blog followers.


                     SKIANDREA10

Don't forget to join in this month's Blog Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment