20 May 2020

"Layer It Up"

SheepSki Designs Facebook Challenge this month is "Layer It Up".

For my inspiration I decided to show you a Sympathy card I made for a friend of my Mum's.  Geoff at 97 ( I think) has lost his wife Norma, who has been sick since Christmas.  They have been married over 70 years.  I chose to use "Poppies" for the card as Geoff was a veteran of World War II and the Korean War and still attends many war related groups and meetings, memorial services and anything related to his service in the war and even goes to Vietname War memorials.  My step-father actually served with Geoff in these wars as well but he has passed.   I thought the poppies would be a nice touch for him and his family. 



I have printed the image twice and layered it to a white card on the left bottom corner and then put the second image on the right with a foam tape double thickness so the right image is higher than the left.

Don't forget when you are at our Etsy shop use this discount for my blog followers.

SKIANDREA10

I hope you are also a member of our Facebook Group so you can join in with our challenges and check out some inspiration from Andrea and the DT.

Bye for now.

Gail xx


2 comments:

  1. Gail that is an awesome card and just love the 3D effect. You commented about all that I do...well I have to admit that I don't have a life right now. My husband passed away 6 years ago. So I go to work, and come home to my cat (her sister recently passed away). So it's just us two girls. We the lockdown, I haven't had my kids or any friends come visit so I HAVE NOT cleaned my house, no lie. So I am actually taking the next two days off to get my grass cut, and the house picked up since we technically have the lockdown lift on Monday (which is a holiday). I find crafting a stress relief and since I work as a nurse I feel I require that. So I only sleep 2-5 hours a night even though I know it's not healthy for me and then crash on the weekend and will sleep for a whole 12 hours. So I need to find a man or I will kill myself from lack of sleep, lol. So now you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel slack because I don't get round to commenting on everyone's comments. I don't mean the commenting I have to do, I get most of that done, but I should be commenting on friends like you. xx

      Delete