20 October 2021

"Baby Shark"

Today I am showing you a birthday card I made for my son-in-law.  I meant to go into detail on my personal blog here, however, I got carried away on the Bizzy Bec Blog and not sure I can take more tears at the moment.  It might be best if I just copy and paste at this point in time.

My card this month is dedicated to my son-in-law.  As soon as I saw this die in the shop I just knew I had to have it.  I would always try and give my son-in-law, now deceased, a card special to him when it was his birthday.  I remember doing a sloth one year because my grandchildren and daughter would often call him one when he was a bit slow to do things, mind you his shift work as a dump truck and dozer driver for the mines contributed to some of that .  Luke had a tattoo of a shark on his shoulder blade that he was very proud of and once told me he would have loved to have been a marine biologist so he could study sharks.  There wasn't a shark documentary he hadn't seen.

After I bought this die, I thought, what are you going to do with it now - Luke has gone but not forgotten; losing his life in a tragic accident last year five days after Christmas.  I came to my senses and thought why should that stop me from giving him a birthday card.

My daughter and grandchildren have a cabinet with memorabilia from Luke's life  and I decided I would make the card and hope my daughter would put it there.  Of course, it's in the special cabinet and everyone loved it.

What am I doing, the tears are flowing while I write this.  I wasn't going to get this personal on this blog.  I should have penned my own first.

Anyhow I had better show you the card and get over to my personal blog.  I hope I didn't upset anyone by going off track here.


(unfortunately I bought the last one, however I am sure Bec can re-order if you email her)

Actually I just did a die-namics advanced search in the shop and there are quite a few My Favourite Things Die-namics Dies to check out, 

See you next time and don't forget our October "Anything Goes" Challenge - you still have time to get your creations in.

See you next time,

Gail

1 comment:

  1. A gorgeous card and such a lovely tribute to your son-in-law Luke. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete