29 August 2021

A card for our mechanic

 Well you did it Mark - fell off your pushbike and now you are off your feet for three months.  Mark is a very keen road bike rider much to the dismay probably of many motorists.  Apparently a crack in the road sent him tumbling and has broken the pelvic bone that holds the ball bone in your hip.  I wanted to say so many things in the card so I decided to follow Beccy's Place August Blog Challenge which would give me a few areas for words.


My flip-a-coin challenge resulted in add stitching, gatefold card, digital stamp, add buttons and any occasion except birthday.



This was fun and I hope Mark enjoys this card.  He should get a smile out the lycra and landcruiser quotes.  Hope it doesn't hurt when he laughs, knowing Mark he will just grin!

I have used Beccy's freebies for this card - the coloured flannel flowers Beccy's Place: Flannel Flowers (beccysplace.blogspot.com) , the gumnut blossoms and the June freebie paper Beccy's Place: June Challenge (beccysplace.blogspot.com)

I am entering Beccy's Challenges: August Challenge (beccyschallenges.blogspot.com) Checked

Gem of A Craft Challenge: Challenge 18 - Anything goes Craft and Card Making Challenge (pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com) closes 9/9/21 Checked

3 comments:

  1. Your card gave me a chuckle Gail and I'm sure Mark will get a kick out of it too. Sorry to hear his pelvic bone is broken, but I'm glad it wasn't more serious. Hopefully it won't take the full three months to recover!
    I like how you've mixed the two different images for your card, it's definitely a very Aussie theme. My favourite part is the button closure... that's a great idea! Well done.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, such a lovely creative idea! Hope your bike rider recovers soon.
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

    ReplyDelete