25 August 2020

Growing in Unity 2020 - Day 2

I thought for Day 2, I would make a calendar for 2021, to try and forget 2020 for obvious reasons - what a year we are having.

I chose another digital stamp to play with for this project.  Unity digis aren't just like other digital stamps.  With some you get varying layouts already set out for you to print off.  The flower I have used for the calendar comes by itself; or you can print out a whole page already set out for you.

I do hope Unity Stamps will introduce more digital stamps. Even though I still buy physical products from Unity, I like the versatility of digital products and I don't have to pay huge shipping costs and wait forever for delivery.

OK I will get off my soapbox now and return to my calendar.

I have used In This Together and I am so glad it is still available in the shop if you are interested.  The sentiment I used is in the You Owe Yourself digital set which is also still in the shop.  I am on a roll here with availability of these limited edition digis  - hooray!



I have used A4 Stampin' Up cardstock for the base of the calendar.  The 2021 mini calendar file I found at Creative Fabrica as a freebie.  Unfortunately it is not available as a freebie now, however, I am sure there will be a free calendar somewhere on the net.  To make the calendar a suitable size for A4 I had to crop the year off it, but I added my own when I enlarged it and set the flowers and sentiment where I wanted them.  I printed on Copic card and coloured using G46, G43, RV02, RV00, RV000, RV0000 and Y04.

For the design paper, I used my Graciellie Designs digital paper Wild-Whimsy Paper Pack, No. 1 Sheet cropped from a square to a rectangle, enlarged and printed on photo paper.  Unfortunately this particular range is only available as digital direct from Graciellie Designs however, if you go here to the Unity stamps shop you will find a good range of Graciellie Designs paper packs.

I have placed magnets on the back of the cardstock to attach to a refrigerator.


I hope you like my 2021 fridge calendar.

See you tomorrow with Day 3.

Gail

32 comments:

  1. Great job, I love the idea of a calendar and especially any year not related to 2020! Love your coloring and use of teh digital stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Digis are not my thing due to my printer, however your calendar is lovely!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, my printer is not an expensive one by any means. I used to buy more expensive ones but now I just go cheap. I just wish they would not invent a new cartridge for every new printer.

      Delete
  3. Lovely calendar & your coloring is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project! I'm just getting into digital stamps and they can be so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And addictive Kathy, watch out you will have as many as me soon lol.

      Delete
  5. This is so very lovely and I love the idea of the calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely idea, a great result with the digital stamps

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea to skip this year and look forward to next year instead! Pretty calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful saying and a great reminder having it on your calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job of making a project with digi stamps. I purchased a set, but still haven't used them, so great inspiration and the instant gratification is an incentive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise, persevere with them and you will find them addictive lol.

      Delete