26 August 2020

Growing in Unity 2020 - Day 3

Day 3 - now what do I have to show you today.  I say this because I might have gone a bit berserk with my Unity creations and I want to show them all to you;  even though I might have done too many.  I still have two days to cramp them in.

I love my craft and each year I get into it more and more.  It is a great stress relief for me.  I don't much like the blogging but I guess that comes with the territory.  I have had this blog for quite a while now, only setting it up when I was asked to go on my first Design Team.  I taught myself everything I know about blogs which is not much and very recently a lovely Facebook friend who I have been on a design team with, pointed out to me that I had not activated the Followers button and I should have one to showcase my work.  She gave me a crash course on where to find it, don't ask me know how I did it now, but I have one.  If you like my work I would love you to click on it. I might get into double digits before the end of my GIU week if I am lucky!

Anyhow waffling on again.

Today's creation is a QUATRO FOLD CARD.  I found this tutorial over at  Beccy's Place - the blog.  Beccy has an A-Z tutorial list of card folds, and guess what, she is an Aussie too, so I have to give her tutorials a plug.  Here is the link to all the tutorials.


I have some photos of the different steps, but probably not as organised as Beccy's tutorial.







 

Now the final step is folding the card using the closing a box with 4 flaps method.  You know that one, that one that stumps me every time!  Even when I had the embellishments on the parts I wanted to show, I still had to think.  But anyhow I love the card and I just know the friend who will be receiving it later in the year for her birthday.  She has been a great buddy of mine for a long time now, older than me and she will love the old gals!

Of course I used my stash again, the designer paper pad came from a $2 shop and the embellishments were in there too.

Unity stamp sets used are Tierra Jackson's Demand a Re-Count and Only Old Once.

I love the Quatro Fold card because I did not have  to procrastinate over which sentiment to use, I USED THE LOT because I could.

See you tomorrow

Gail



32 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love this! I'm definitely going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, love the quatro fold card, you can use lots of sentiments and stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Karen, that is the beauty of it, when you can't decide.

      Delete
  3. What a fun fold that is new to me. Using both of those stamps and the sentiments on one card is a bonus since it can be hard to choose just one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a fun fold Denise, and great to use a lot of stamps when you can't decide.

      Delete
  4. I have tried the Quatro fold one and loved it! But it was a different design as the folds were rounded (& was square when folded). This came out so pretty with the papers you used. I adore the 'Only Old Once' set. I have an aunt who loves a good snarky card. hehe tfs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca, I am sure there are probably a few tutorials around, I just love Beccy's Place tutorials because they are all in the one spot.

      Delete
  5. This is such a fun card and I love those stamps too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! I've never seen this type of fold for a card but why not. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done a fabulous job creating your quatro fold Gail, well done! The images are great fun and I love the matching sentiments. Great choice of patterned paper too, it works nicely with your cardstock. Unfortunately your card doesn't quite meet the requirements of our challenge, which is to use a Beccy's Place image, but thank you for sharing it with me.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beccy, completely forgot about that, just so excited I used one of your folds. Will remember that and new time I try a fold it will be with one of your images. Thank for the inspiration though.

      Delete
  8. Great fold card - I've not seen that fold before and I think I'd have trouble remembering which way to fold it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela, I am like that any time I pack a box like that.

      Delete
  9. Very fun card! Love the way it folds, and the images are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That’s a fun fold!! I don’t think I’ve seen it before!
    I’ve been working on my GIU week since they announced the list last year my week is in December. I went, as you’d say berserk on projects & only have 1 card for the week. 😜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will be right S, I probably panicked and looked at what I was going to do in June, but didn't really start mid July. Looking forward to your week. Last minute Christmas cards, bags, tags etc maybe.

      Delete
  11. What an great folded card! Great way to show off pretty patterned paper!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is right Vannessa and still some to use on something else.

      Delete
  12. My cousin loves fun folded cards so she tries them out and then teaches me! There are a lot of options!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There certainly are! Now I have had a taste, I might do more.

      Delete
  13. I absolutely love fun folds and have never seen this one so will be giving it a go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, check out Beccy's Place, there are heaps of tutorials, it's an A-Z

      Delete
  14. Great folds and I love this set which makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love the oldies sets, because I am one and can relate lol.

      Delete