28 August 2020

Growing in Unity 2020 - Day 5



Wow Day 5 already. I hope you have all been leaving your comments. I may not have got around to replying to all, but I hope I will get it done and two people will win a prize.

Thank you for putting up with me for the week. I am not sure how many Australians you get on the Unity Groups. I hope my attempt at a bit of humour sometimes was not a pain for you.

This year especially we have to keep the humour going, otherwise we will curl up in a little corner and sob uncontrollably.

More cards today, but a different technique was used. My beautiful interstate crafty friend sent me a Craft Stamper magazine for my birthday. I was sad to find that they are stopping the magazine soon. I used to subscribe a few years ago until the price and postage went up too much because of the exchange rate. Anyhow, they are magazines I will never throw away, too many good techniques in them - some simple, some not so, I still have to graduate from the easy ones first! And I was so glad my friend gave me this March issue as I found the perfect tutorial for backgrounds.

The tutorial involved BRUSHO, something I bought ages ago. As soon as I browsed through the pages, I knew I just had to get them out - never been used, surprised, I'm not. I used the BRUSHO as instructed on photo paper and spritzed to activate the crystals. I then decided to stamp the backgrounds the next day when they were completely dry. Well, it was a simple technique until Gail could not find her black Stazon ink.

Doesn't matter , I will use an Archival black ink, it will be better for the intricate areas of the stamp.

Well what a disaster, it would not dry on the photo paper. Where the bloody hell is that black Stazon? Would not have a clue, and I am not sure whether the last time I used it, it needed refilling.

You know how in craft you can always fix mistakes by doing something. Well not me this time. I know I could use clear embossing powder if I remembered where that was. How about the heat gun? Not a good idea, I melted the photo paper, so in the bin that went.

Not to worry, I only wasted two, as only two had been stamped. OK Gail, I do know where I have ink pads I haven't even take the cellophane off yet, and guess what I found a few colours in the Stazon range. Hopefully all is not lost and it wasn't!

I love the effect I got, except the background that had a bit too much colour on it. No worries I will use Opaque White Stazon, which apparently you have to put the ink on, not pre-inked. Well the ink was there and I stamped the background, but it didn't stand out enough. I made a change by using an image I had previously stamped. I solved the problem and here are my efforts, I hope you like them. Photo paper, Brusho and STAZON INK - love the effects I achieved in the end.

Allow Yourself - Unity

(For my Grand-daughter who has a few self-esteem issues)


Just a Glass - Unity (this is the one I had to play with!!)

Cuddlebug Giraffe - Mini - Tierra Jackson

Coffee & Flowers - Graciellie Design


So here they are - completed with gems, resin stars, a black marker, and of course on my Cuddlebug Giraffe index quote card a little bit of hand drawing with Copics.  The green Brusho was just in the right place to add grass and leaves.

I hope you have enjoyed my week for Growing in Unity 2020 and good luck.  Unfortunately there will only be two winners, but don't forget there are more GIU weeks and then of course, hopefully 2021 will bring us another Growing in Unity Year.  

Bye for now,

Gail




30 comments:

  1. OMG all your card are SO beautiful....You out did yourself to day, Congradulations on a super week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done to you ! Awesome backgrounds and how cute is that Baby Giraffe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out great! I want to try this with the little giraffe (new way to use it). Would these have worked with watercolor paper?

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Linda, not 100% sure, but I think the brusho would because you spray water on it and as long as you use waterproof ink like Stazon that should work too. The waterproof paper would probably dry quicker too. I might try it too.

      Delete
  4. I love them all! It was a great week, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! I love these, such unique backgrounds, showing off the yumminess of some of my favorite Unity stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my! These are wonderful! You did great on this technique. I've used Brusho on watercolor paper but never photo paper... I'm going to try it. Thank you for a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Ending your week with a bang of color explosion! Each one is just a mini masterpiece! Great week Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL I bought Color Burst a year or so ago and have only used them once. They do sit right on my desk, but ... I need to use them! haha You did such a great job and I love all of your cards. The butterfly is my fave, but that may be because I just love that awesome, beautiful image. Thanks for sharing your week of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca, I too have a passion for butterfly stamps.

      Delete
  9. Love the effect of the Brushos for your backgrounds! Great images... the butterfly is a favorite! Glad you stuck with it with the trials and tribulations.... sounds kind of like me!
    Thanks for a fun GIU week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful technique, and what fabulous results you got. Thanks for an amazing week of inspiration.
    Hi from across the ditch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards! I'm going to have to try your background technique. Thanks for sharing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful results!! Those backgrounds were great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Gail you have LOTS of beautiful Unity cards. Awesome backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loves these cards, the backgrounds are amazing. Its been a great week. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many wonderful cards. I love that you used supplies that you had purchased, but had never used before. That is going to kind of be my theme for my GIU week which happens next month. Great ending to a super week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Denise and hope you have a good GIU week. I was scared stiff, but it worked out well.

    ReplyDelete