21 July 2021

Mac's Birthday card

 This is a special birthday card for my grandson, Mac.  It has arrived in the mail and my daughter is hanging onto it till Friday when he turns 11.  I do hope he likes it and the sentiments that came with the set are perfect to boost him at the moment.  It has been a tough year for Mac.  I am hoping he will keep it on display in his room to remind him to be happy even when he doesn't feel like it.

Thank you to Beccy for the W-fold tutorial.  It is probably the first time I have attempted one of the folds as soon as she showcases it.  Our Mac has always liked tortoises and turtles.  He even did a speech a couple of years ago at school on the differences between both.  He also loves scooters at the moment and is getting a new one for his birthday.

The Slow Lane digital stamp set - I have used varying sizes of the images both pre-coloured and my own colouring, and the sentiments.  I have used Kaisercraft Basecoat designer paper for the backgrounds.  The third photo is where I wrote our birthday sentiment to Mac and I even put a turtle on the envelope and guess what my daughter told me this morning it was still in tact when it arrived at her house.  We would love to see him for his first birthday without his Dad but lockdown is still on, so that is not possible at the moment.





Beccy's Place: Tutorial - W-Fold Cards (beccysplace.blogspot.com)


Happy Birthday Mac, love you to the moon and back.


2 comments:

  1. I'm sure Mac is going to love his card Gail, especially since you've included so many of his favourite animals. I'm sorry to hear that it's been such a difficult year for him, I do hope his birthday is a happy occasion.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beccy, my daughter is doing everything to see it is a great day and weekend. He is off with some friends today to an indoor skate park and of course with his new scooter. xx

      Delete